Chad left for the Provo MTC on January 23, 2013 at 8:35am on Delta Airlines. There were probably 10 other missionaries leaving at the same time as him. It was a very exciting thing to see. We got to the airport pretty early because we didn't want it to be super crowded, but it wasn't so we had some time to waste. Notice his tie? It's purple and orange, Phoenix Sun's colors. He said he let everyone know right from the start where he's from and who his favorite basketball team is.
 |
| Daddy trying to keep Troy entertained. |
 |
| Don't they look excited? |
We've wasted enough time, lets take our last pictures before Chad leaves. You know, taking pictures is Chad's favorite thing. Ya, right, not even close. He just indulged his mom but was getting tired of the whole thing. I thank him for being a good sport. I really like the plane hanging behind us. Makes for a great backdrop.
 |
| Hey Seth, thanks for wearing your Reese's shirt. Just a little reminder that one of the brothers isn't in the picture but I know he was with us in spirit. I know Rheese will be with Chad all thru his mission. |
 |
| Chad's friend, Hunter May was leaving for his mission too. How fun to leave for your mission with a friend. |
 |
| Troy will miss doing noggins with brother. |
 |
| Can't give Troy too many hugs. He'll be a big boy when he gets home. |
 |
| They won't see each other again for almost 4 yrs. |
|
 |
| One last hug for Mom. Yes, I want another one. |
 |
| One last hug for Dad. |
This is Chad and Troy's nightly ritual.
 |
| Big Hugs! |
 |
| Noggins! |
 |
| It's hard to see but they are doing "Fives"! The next step is handshake but I don't have a picture of that. |
 |
| Time to leave. |
 |
| Everyone watching him go thru security. I'm glad I turned to take this shot because I saw that his coat was laying on the stroller. I am so glad that I caught it before he got thru to security because he doesn't have a cell phone anymore. |
 |
| Troy ran to give brother one more hug. |
 |
| One last look back. |
 |
| And there he goes! |
 |
| Flight 1243 to Salt Lake City |
No comments:
Post a Comment