D&C 33:7- Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the field is white already to harvest; wherefore, thrust in your sickles, and reap with all your might, mind, and strength.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Some Snip-its from the MTC

Chad doesn't write too much in his letters/emails and most of what he does write are in one sentences.  So, I'm just going to include some of the sentences from his different letters/emails.

Letter received Mon., January 28, 2013

I had a great first day at the MTC.  We did some investigator role playing as a big class.  The new Elders/Sisters all taught together and it was really cool.  I saw 2 people that I know which was cool.  A kid from seminary and Tyler B.  It was cool seeing Grandma Miller and Tyler one more time.  There's an awesome spirit here.  It's a bit nippy.  Tell everyone I love them.  Give Troy, Seth and Lane hugs from me.  

Tues., January 29, 2013

How is it going? The MTC is fantastic and it snowed. and you were right about the jacket, earmuffs, scarf, etc... I wish I had all that and gloves on the way to and from the temple.

 It is so cool being here and I love it. The spirit is so strong. Elder W is from Spanish Fork, UT. He's pretty cool, just trying to get used to him and getting to know him.

We did a session at the temple and it was really cool.

Letter received Sat., February 2, 2013

I can't take pics of the cafeteria because they said no pics in there.  And p-day is the only day I can't go to the gym, which is weird.  The gym is cool, like 5 basketball hoops, 2 volleyball, a track, 4 square, it's nice.  We had L. Whitney Clayton of the First Quorum of the Seventy at our Tuesday fireside.  It was super awesome, it's amazing here.

I miss y'all so darn much.  Give everyone hugs for me.

We got a new shipment of newbies today (Wed.), it's nice not being a "new" kid haha.

Tues., February 5, 2013

This letter is a response to questions that I asked him.  He just went thru the line of them and answered each of them.  Guess that's what I need to do all the time.

 Elder W is going to Reno, he's pretty cool. He's Pretty funny, he sings alot along with most of the rest of my district. He's from Spanish Fork, UT. My old ZL's who left this morning, were Elder M and Elder M but our new ones are Elder T and Elder H, they're all really cool guys. My district leader is Elder B, he's from Australia. I'll have to look in my notes to see whose all spoken but I'm hoping tonight's an apostle because when they come, I guess its on Tuesday.We are learning the 8 fundamentals. (I cant remember them all off the top of my head but I'll put them in my letter tonight.) At gym I play foursquare, basketball, and I ran once. The only hard part about the schedule is sitting through 6 hours of class, and studying for the many other hours during the day, and fast Sunday, especially when the mid-day devotional speaker starts talking about eating warm chocolate chip cookies. That's all I can think of at the moment, if any other questions come, dear elder me asap so that I can answer them tonight. I love you all.

 Here we have practice investigators, and we teach 2 teachers and one that's like a profesional investigator and volunteers. It is so weird actually teaching lessons. But it is really cool. Out TRC staff (profesional) is kinda hard, he's Catholic and really likes our church except for the fact that he doesn't think Christ atoned for our sins, and we all have to atone for our own, kinda weird but got to go, by love you all.
(I found out that these "investigators" are members who come in and pretend to be investigators.)

Monday, February 11, 2011

 I miss that kid (Troy) so much. How's everyone doing? I'm going to be able to call from the airport tomorrow morning.  We leave the MTC at 6 so it'll be like 730ish. Tell Brandon and Grandma Miller happy bday from me. I thought a lot of Rheese. On Sunday we sang God be With you Till We meet Again twice and I passed the sacrament which Rheese should be doing. I'm a man of few words but I'll try to answer your questions tomorrow.

Oh and I took 140 pics. Except on Friday I accidentally deleted them all. So I've tried replacing them but we didn't go to the temple yesterday so I wasn't able to get those, but I'm trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment