D&C 33:7- Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the field is white already to harvest; wherefore, thrust in your sickles, and reap with all your might, mind, and strength.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 7

Elder Miller's 1st Baptism!!

Elder Miller, the Ks and Elder G
So funny story, when we went to take pics at the baptism, well my camera... died, but I was able to get a couple before it died. Easter wasn't actually that different, we had the same foods pretty much and there was like 30 people there so it wasn't much of a change haha. Saturday was awesome, and weird, the Kelley's got baptized in the morning which was an awesome experience. They were confirmed on Sunday which was cool it being Easter.  It was an awesome experience, I confirmed R which was awesome.
This week has been good and crazy, on Tuesday we went up to Spring Creek for Zone Training, and at the end we were informed that a set of elders ET'd (emergency Transferred) will be heading out that day and arriving that night and will be taking over McGill.  So we lost McGill in a matter of moments, it was nuts.  Hopefully they are going to work.  They didn't really do anything this week, hopefully they'll change because we had a couple really promising people out there and I don't want them to be lost because they are amazing people.  Thursday we went to a place called Duckwater to help brand cattle for a recent convert.  It was cool.  I got fried.  I found out that cows are so dumb, and they try jumping over fences but they are too fat and just bend the metal fence like crazy. I almost got leveled by 2.  Usually you just stand there, make noise, wave your arms at them and they run the other way, well 2 didn't.  Its nuts to have that big of an animal about to plow you, so luckily I moved. On Saturday after the baptism, Elder Q, G, the Mcgill Elders and Sisters went to Elko for a leadership conference for all in leadership and Senior companions. And the other 2 juniors went and did exchanges up there. So me and Elder C had reign of this place.  It was weird having no missionaries within 200 miles of us. It was a good day though.  Had some firsts happen on that day and overall been a good week. We also went to see the mine.  I guess it's like the 2nd biggest open pit mine in the world, so that was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment